Post: Chief Financial Officer
Salary: An all-inclusive market-related package is negotiable.
Duration: 4 yrs fixed term contract
Requirements: At least NQF level 6 qualifications in accounting, finance or economics OR certificate in Municipal Financial Management.
• At least five years’ experience at middle management.
• Experience in Financial Management will be considered
• Skills in Financial Management will be considered
• Knowledge of Municipal Legislation will be tested, especially the DORA and Municipal Finance Management Act
• The candidate should display qualities of a shrewd financial negotiator
Key performance areas:
• Design and implement a financial management strategy
• Prepare financial statements for Council
• Prepare the Council Budget and monitor the spending pattern
• Advise the Accounting Officer on the exercise of powers and duties assigned to the Accounting Officer in terms of the MFMA
• Assist Municipal Manager in administering the Municipality’s bank accounts
• Advise senior managers on financial matters
• Manage and implement proper controls and sound book keeping system
• Ensure compliance with all Council’ policies on financial matters
• The chief Financial Officer is accountable to the Municipal Manager
Duration: Appointment of this position is on a four year fixed term contract and is subject to satisfactory performance on annual basis
Please note: Phumelela Local Municipality
is committed to the Employment Equity Act.
1. Fraudulent qualifications, information or documents will disqualify any applicant
2. Canvassing is prohibited and will disqualify any applicant
3. Faxes and e-mail are not acceptable
4. Applicants who have not been contacted within 90 days after the closing date should accept that their applications were unsuccessful.
Application with comprehensive CV’s and certified copies of qualifications should be forwarded to:
Phumelela Local Municipality
Private Bag x5
Handed in at the office
No. 52 Kuhn Street
Closing date: 5 April 2013
Enquiries: Human Resource Officer (R T Tshabalala)
Tel: 058 913 8300
Mr T .M Moremi