PHUMELELA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
BID NR: RFPP 14-15/7
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR PROFESSIONAL SERVICES – ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING – FOR PLANNING, DESIGNS, and PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION FOR ELECTRICAL PROJECTS OVER A 3 YEAR PERIOD
Phumelela Local Municipality invites tenders for the Professional Services comprising:
• Compilation of Business plans and all DoE reports.
• Master planning and co-ordination of DoE projects with DoE offices regionally and nationally.
• Design and Project Management of Electrification projects for the 3 financial years starting with the current financial year.
• Design and Project Management of Bulk Supply and strengthening projects for 3 financial years starting with the current financial year.
• Energy Management interventions including energy audits, split and smart Metering options. This is meant to be looked at from revenue enhancement and energy saving.
• Project management over construction services for all Electrical work for the 3 financial years starting with the current financial year.
Conventional and labour Intensive construction methods will be employed to complete the works.
Bidders should have specific experience of the work for which a bid is submitted proof of registration with Eskom to undertake work of this nature on Eskom networks. This Vender registration letter should form part of the returnable.
The Energy Management component of the tender requires the Tenderer to submit CVs of Certified Energy Managers as part of the resources in the employ of the prospective supplier.
Tenders will be evaluated on functionality based on the tender data. A 90/10 principal will follow on the Evaluation criteria. Bids must remain valid for a period of 90 days after the closing date.
Documents may be collected during normal working hours at the Municipal Offices at Cnr Kuhn and Prinsloo, Vrede from the 2nd March 2015. A non-refundable tender deposit of R 500.00 payable in cash or by bank guaranteed cheque made out in favour of Phumelela Local Municipality is required on collection of the tender documents.
There will be no Compulsory Tender Briefing.
The closing for receipt of tenders is:
Friday, 13th March 2015 at 12H00, in Vrede.
Contact details for information:
Phumelela Local Municipality: Acting Technical Director @ 058-913 8300
Instruction dealing with the depositing of bids: Address bids to “Phumelela Local Municipality, Municipal Manager, Cnr Kuhn & Prinsloo, Vrede, 9835 and endorse the envelope with the contract number and closing date.
1. Late proposals, telegraphic proposals or proposals send by fax will not be considered.Tender may only be submitted on the tender documentation that is issued.
2. The Municipality reserves the right to appoint one or more service providers.
3. The Municipality reserves the right to accept the tender in part or as a whole, and is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender.
4. Bidders must attach a certified copy of the BBBEE Certificates otherwise they will forfeit the BBBEE points.
5. An original copy of a Tax Clearance Certificate obtained from SARS is required and should be attached.
6. Municipal rates and taxes statements obtained from where the bidder resides must be attached.
7. Bidders must attach a copy of their CIDB certificates.
8. Bidders are requested to confirm that the company status is Active with CIPC formerly known as CIPRPO.
9. No award will be made to employee/consultant/advisor of the STATE or MUNICIPALITY.
10. No reasons will be given for the non-acceptance of proposals nor will the Municipality enter into correspondence in connection therewith.
11. Proposals that are invalid, non-responsive, non-responsible in terms of Clause 7.2.14 of the Supply Chain Management Policy will be disqualified at the opening.
12. Proposal documents must be deposited in the Tender box not later than 12H00pm. on the closing date.
Offices of the Supply Chain Management
Cnr Kuhn & Prinsloo
Phumelela Municipal Manager