PHUMELELA LOCAL MUNICIPALITY
TENDER NOTICE: PLMT 14-15/11
SUPPLY, HANDLING, STORAGE AND DELIVERY OF 11KV SWITCHGEAR FOR THE NEW WARDEN SWITCHING STATION AND THE ASSOCIATED LINE MATERIAL
Phumelela Local Municipality hereby invites bids for supply, handling, storage and delivery of 11KV switchgear.
• 11kV indoor switch boards complete as per specifications
• 11kV 150mm2 XLPE Cu cables as quantified in bills of quantities
• Hare conductor as quantified in the bills of quantities
Labour associated with installation of the above equipment shall be addressed under separate contract.
Tenderers should have proven track record in supplying and handling of the equipment listed herein.
Tenders will be evaluated on functionality based on the tender data. A 90/10 principal will follow on the Evaluation criteria. Bids must remain valid for a period of 90 days after the closing date.
Documents may be collected during normal working hours at the Municipal Offices at Cnr Kuhn and Prinsloo, Vrede from the 29th April 2015.
A non-refundable tender deposit of R 500.00 payable in cash or by bank guaranteed cheque made out in favour of Phumelela Local Municipality is required on collection of the tender documents.
There will be no Compulsory Tender Briefing.
The closing for receipt of tenders is:
Friday, 15th May 2015
at 12H00, in Vrede.
Contact details for information:
Phumelela Local Municipality:
Contact person. Mr L H Mthembu . 058-913 8300
Instruction dealing with the depositing of bids: Address bids to “Phumelela Local Municipality, Municipal Manager, Cnr Kuhn & Prinsloo, Vrede, 9835 and endorse the envelope with the contract number and closing date.
1. Late proposals, telegraphic proposals or proposals send by fax will not be considered.Tender may only be submitted on the tender documentation that is issued.
2. The Municipality reserves the right to appoint one or more service providers.
3. The Municipality reserves the right to accept the tender in part or as a whole, and is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender.
4. Bidders must attach a certified copy of the BBBEE Certificates will forfeit the BBBEE points.
5. An original copy of a Tax Clearance Certificate obtained from SARS is required and should be attached.
6. Municipal rates and taxes statements obtained from where the bidder resides must be attached.
7. Bidders must attach a copy of their CIDB certificates.
8. Bidders are requested to confirm that the company status is Active with CIPC formerly known as CIPRPO.
9. No award will be made to employee/consultant/advisor of the STATE or MUNICIPALITY.
10. No reasons will be given for the non-acceptance of proposals nor will the Municipality enter into correspondence in connection therewith.
11. Proposals that are invalid, non-responsive, non-responsible in terms of Clause 7.2.14 of the Supply Chain Management Policy will be disqualified at the opening.
12. Proposal documents must be deposited in the Tender box not later than 12H00pm. on the closing date.
Offices of the Supply Chain Management
Cnr Kuhn & Prinsloo
MR BW KANNEMEYER