TENDER NOTICE: PLMT 15-16/04
THE CONSTRUCTION OF 11KV LINES AND A SWITCHROOM, INSTALLATION, TESTING AND COMMISSIONING OF 11KV SWITCHGEAR FOR THE NEW WARDEN SWITCHING STATION
Phumelela Local Municipality now invites tenders for the subject project comprising of:
• Supply of building material and construction of a switch room as per specification
• Installation of 11kV indoor switch boards and RMU complete as per specifications
• Supply, installation and commissioning of a 110V DC system as per specifications
• Supply, installation and commissioning of all control cabling and power cables within the switch room and outside as per layout drawings.
• Supply and installation of all other equipment and material for the full and proper functioning of the switch room as per drawings and bill of quantities.
• Supply and delivery of overhead line material and construction of lines and commissioning thereof as per layout drawings.
• Dismantling of all redundant overhead lines and delivery of such material to Municipal stores in Warden.
All 11KV switchgear and part of 11kV cables and bare conductor for underground and overhead lines have been supplied under separate contract. Tenderers should have proven track record in supplying and handling of the equipment listed herein.
Tenders will be evaluated on functionality based on the tender data. A 90/10 principle will follow on the Evaluation criteria. Bids must remain valid for a period of 90 days after the closing date.
Documents may be collected during normal working hours at the Municipal Offices at Cnr Kuhn and Prinsloo, Vrede from Tuesday the 25th August 2015. A non-refundable tender deposit of R 500.00 payable in cash or by bank guaranteed cheque made out in favour of Phumelela Local Municipality is required on collection of the tender documents.
A compulsory Tender Briefing session will be held at the Municipal Offices in Warden on the 1st September 2015 at 11:00 AM.
The closing for receipt of tenders is:
Thursday, 17th September 2015 at 12H00, in Vrede.
Contact details for information:
Christopher Mutereko (PMU) -083 961 9208
Instructions dealing with the depositing of bids: Address bids to “Phumelela Local Municipality, Municipal Manager, Cnr Kuhn & Prinsloo, Vrede, 9835 and endorse the envelope with the contract number and closing date.
1. Late proposals, telegraphic proposals or proposals send by fax will not be considered.Tender may only be submitted on the tender documentation that is issued.
2. The Municipality reserves the right to appoint one or more service providers.
3. The Municipality reserves the right to accept the tender in part or as a whole, and is not bound to accept the lowest or any tender.
4. Bidders must attach a certified copy of the BBBEE Certificate failing which they forfeit the BBBEE points.
5. An original copy of a Tax Clearance Certificate obtained from SARS is required and should be attached.
6. Municipal rates and taxes statements obtained from where the bidder resides must be attached.
7. Bidders must attach a copy of their CIDB certificates and a minimum of 4EP grading is required.
8. Bidders are requested to confirm that the company status is Active with CIPC formerly known as CIPRPO.
9. No award will be made to employee/consultant/advisor of the STATE or MUNICIPALITY.
10. No reasons will be given for the non-acceptance of proposals nor will the Municipality enter into correspondence in connection therewith.
11. Proposals that are invalid, non-responsive, non-responsible in terms of Clause 7.2.14 of the Supply Chain Management Policy will be disqualified at the opening.
12. Proposal documents must be deposited in the Tender box not later than 12H00pm. on the closing date.
Offices of the Supply Chain Management
Cnr Kuhn & Prinsloo